Monday, December 7, 2009

Pistol Update - Still Struggling But Not Giving Up

Everyday for the past week, excluding Thursday, I worked on the lowering movement of the Pistol and then rolling back and coming up on both feet. I notice I can lower myself much slower and controlled now but near the bottom I just collapse and roll back mainly due to not being able to balance on one foot. I have also started practicing holding the bottom position separately. This will likely be my biggest issue as it takes everything to try to balance on the bottom but just cannot do it yet on one foot without holding onto something. I wonder if a career of sitting at a desk has ruined my posture in a way so that I will not ever be able to balance like that.

Regardless, I will keep practicing each day and not give up at least for now. I do feel I am improving each day but if I get to a point where I no longer see any gains I will call it quits and maybe try to master the one-armed push-up. I now do 10 reps on each leg for the pistol once a day on the way down. I am no longer doing sets but may do a few reps in the morning and a few in the evening each day.

Starting in your forties to do these little feats of strength is not easy but I will keep plugging away!

No comments:

Post a Comment