Monday, December 28, 2009

Back From Christmas Break

Spent Christmas week visiting the in-laws in New York and New Jersey. It was a fun eventful week but exhausting. It is nice to be back home before the new year.

New additions to my exercise arsenal from Christmas include a Garmin 405 GPS watch which I will review here in a week or so and some Brooks running clothes for the colder weather.

I plan on doing more running in 2010 and want to compete in the 2010 Charlotte Grand Prix Series put on by Run For Your Life. It is a series of 9 short races where you accumulate points for each race based on where you finish in relation to the fastest runner. They have cash and prizes for the overall winners and the top winners in each age bracket. I thought I would give it a go in the 40-44 category. If I actually do more running to train this year I am thinking I could be quite competitive. The Garmin 405 watch and the new running clothes should provide me with some good motivation.

My diet went into the hopper while I was up north. I got on the scale this morning and weighed 182.6. I haven't been over 180 pounds since early last year. I was fairly good as far as meals but went crazy on the desserts - cheese cakes, chocolate mousse cake, moose munch and other assorted goodies containing lots of sugar, chocolate and caramel. It has been non-stop since Christmas eve dinner.

I did not exercise since December 17th other than trying out my sister-in-law's Total Gym 14000 with a few brief exercises. That version of the Total Gym is a top of the line solid home version. I am not an advocate of spending lots of money on expensive gym equipment but I have to say it is a great way to work the entire body. I will talk more about it in another post.

So here it is the 28th and I have lots of work to do to get back in shape. Time to go burn some fat and build some muscle in the the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment