Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Running Journal - Days 1 and 2

I decided to run in the Matthews Rotary Club 5K on November 7th. I plan to run this race in my Vibram Five Finger KSOs. I have been wearing them regularly for about a month now and I have gotten used to them. They feel more like a glove on my foot than a shoe. Yesterday morning I took them out for my first run. I decided I would do about 8 minutes for starters. I am going to slowly adapt my feet to to the 5k distance. I also wore my 10 lb. hypervest to add an extra challenge to the short run. I felt good but my thumb toe on my left foot was bugging me but not enough to stop. This morning, it was raining and about 56 degrees and after warming up in my garage I decided to to do a mile with my Five Fingers and weight vest again. The good news is that I am not sore at all today and my feet feel fine. The run went well. I enjoying the coolness of the light rain as I ran. I felt more stable in the Five Fingers on the wet pavement then I probably would have in regular running shoes. I did the route from my driveway to the exit of my community and back (slightly over 1 mile) in 9:54:92. Tommorow, I will do the run without the vest and see how I fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment