Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Lunch Workout - 10/2/2009

My original plan was to do an intense 25 minute tabata during my lunch hour at work today when I realized I forgot my handy gymboss interval timer. Instead, I created my own workout - a sort of crossfit style workout and used my watch to time myself...

4 rounds of....

2 minutes on the AirDyne Bike - Yes we actually have one in our gym
30 spins right with the Bulgarian Training Bag (BTB)
30 spins left with the BTB
25 Box Jumps (using a Reebok Step with many boosters)
25 thrusters with the BTB
10 burpees

After the 4 rounds I ended with 2 minutes on the bike for a total of 10 minutes on the airdyne. It took me 41:37. The first two rounds I wore my 10 pound medium size HyperWear Weight Vest. The last two I did without the vest as I needed more energy to get through the workout which was kicking my butt. The bike odometer read 3.20 when I was done. I will try to beat that number next time. I also kept losing my grip on the BTB doing the second set of swings on the last couple of rounds.

It was the thrusters and burpees that really knocked me out. My last set of thrusters I had to split into two sets with a small break in the middle and I had to break my momemtum on burpees on the last few sets to get to 10. So all in all there are plenty of areas to improve.

I think I may make it my regular Friday workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment