Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Lunch Workout 10-9-2009

Maybe it is the weather (rather overcast and gloomy) or maybe the fact that my diet has been less than perfect but this week's Friday workout which was identical to the workout last Friday, October 2nd was rather lackluster. My Airdyne bike number was 3.10 which was .10 less than last week. Not a major deal. My overall time was 42 minutes and 10 seconds which trailed last week time of 41:37 by 33 seconds. Also not a major deal but from a psychological standpoint I like improving each week.

So what was different this week? One big change was I split up the 30 and 25 rep segments into smaller segments in the 3rd and 4th rounds and resting briefing in between each segment. That rest time probably made the difference as I did feel solid during the exercises. On the bike I didn't push hard where I should have. I needed to keep my RPMs around 5000 and in my last 2 minute round I was struggling to crank out 3000 RPM at certain points. I started my first round strong but things diminished afterwards. I am thinking the strong start may have made helped wear me out sooner.

Nevertheless, there is always next Friday and I am determined to beat 41:37!

No comments:

Post a Comment