Friday, April 30, 2010

Waxhaw Town and Country 5K and 1/2 Mile Fun Run Tonight!

I haven't been doing much street running lately because I prefer to run trails.  The trails at Renaissance Park here in Charlotte offer very challenging single track and I don't feel the least bit sore even after long runs.  There is a very appealing sense of freedom I get when I'm running up and down dirt trails under a canopy of trees. Nevertheless, I do like to do some street runs here and there and decided to do the local Waxhaw Town and Country 5K which is this evening at 7pm.

One big motivator for me is my 8 year old son, Jack, who will be doing his first 1/2 mile fun run just before the 5K commences.  He is very excited to do this run. The street training runs that I did with him this week instantly proved to me that he is serious about running.  I have seen him get motivated about doing different things before but never like this!  His enthusiasm is contagious and I can't wait to cheer him on tonight in his race.  It makes this Dad proud!

Btw, I will be doing the 5K in my Vibram Five Fingers KSOs which will be the second 5K I have run in them.  Back in November of last year, I ran the Matthews 5K in 22:52 wearing my Five Fingers for the first time.  I am in much better shape than I was for that race and expect a much better result tonight.  I will report back tomorrow with results and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment