Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Cool Race Series - The Spartan Race

My friend Anthony seems to find all these big endurance challenges and send them to me as he knows I am a sucker for a crazy race with lots of obstacles.  Looks like a growing trend to me.  Perhaps the train of thought is why be in shape if you cannot test your overall level of fitness?  Running is just one aspect.  What about climbing, crawling, jumping, lifting, pulling and pushing in unpredictable environments?

So here is another race series called The Spartan Race -  I love it!  Looks like a variation on the Warrior Dash that I am doing down in Mountain City, GA the weekend of May 22nd.  The nearest one to me will be in Atlanta, GA sometime in 2011. I wish one of these challenge series would come to Charlotte, NC.  I am just glad these things appear to be growing in popularity so maybe one day there will be on in my hometown.  In the meantime, the Marine Mud Race and local trail running series will suffice just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment