Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Barefoot Running Shoes and the Barefoot Revolution!

Looks like the barefoot running movement is really picking up steam as more companies are jumping on the bandwagon with more minimalist shoes.  I recently bought a pair of minimalist shoes for work called "Ramblers" from softstarshoes.com.  Softstar makes a terrific line of minimalist shoes starting at infant through adult.  I also like that they are handmade right here in the USA.  The shoes resemble mocassins that allow your toes to move freely and are incredibly comfortable with durable flat soles.

As usual, my co-workers were quick to comment on them which was to be expected.  This time they told me I bought a pair of leather slippers.  They certainly are as comfortable as slippers but can pass as shoes at work and are much less conspicuous at work than my VFFs.   I like how easy they are to slip on.  In addition to wearing them at work,  I wear them to the corner bus stop with my son every weekday morning.  After I wave goodbye to the school bus, I love how they feel on my feet when I do a short sprint home.  Try doing that in a pair of regular slippers - these shoes are very well made!


My Softstar Ramblers on my desk at work.

Softstar must have read my mind because I have been thinking that they should make model that is geared for running - and lo and behold - they have done just that!  They now offer the RunAmoc line and offer two types of soles - one for trails and one for street running.  I think I might sample a pair very soon as I am very satisfied with my first purchase from Softstar.

On the topic of new minimalist shoes, Vibram Five Fingers also has some new models coming out that I can't wait to sample.  Okay, I know, I am getting really weird about minimalist shoes - but I can't help it!  Check out the post below about what is coming up for VFFs.

barefootrunningshoes.org

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    The good folks at Soft Star sent me to read your review. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Ramblers for my everyday footwear. Not sure I will get black, though, maybe a nice brown.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bri,

    Thanks for stopping by and reading my review. I think you will be really happy with the Ramblers - in any color! :-) They are just so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete