Friday, January 22, 2010

Portable Pull-ups

With the popularity of P90X and Crossfit people everywhere are looking for quality pull-up bar stations these days and it looks like companies are offering more new products and options for the pull-up hungry consumer. I am very happy with my Stud Bar ceiling mounted pullup bar. I had it installed in my garage back in September and it is still rock solid.

A couple years ago I was doing a program where I had to do pull-ups every day. That was easy when I was at home but on the road I would have to find a gym or a playground. Depending on what I was doing that day it was quite often a hassle and had to skip a few days. Many people swear by the door frame mounted pull-up bars for travel purposes which for me is better than nothing but I prefer something taller. There are a few really good pull-up stands on the market that are very solid but they are also very pricey. This one by TrapezeRigging.com caught my attention for price - as low as $200 - and for portability. You can put it in a carry bag and throw it over your shoulder! The max height is 84 inches - or 7 feet! It is made of aluminum and I wonder how stable it is but if you are under 200 pounds it sounds like it can be perfect. They also offer free shipping in the US - except for Hawaii and Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment