Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lows in Teens - Highs in the 40s - Snow forecasted for tonight - time for a trail run!

I did my first trail run of the New Year with two of my buddies from work over at Renaissance Park today. We did the usual short loop just shy of 3 miles. It was chilly out in the low to mid-40s but it felt great. I do not run often in the cold weather but I have to say I find it quite exhilarating. Two miles into the run I felt very warm and I was not cold at all. I recorded a time of 23:34 which is not my slowest time but way off my best of 22:19. I thought I was running at a good clip but I was extra cautious on the downhills and big dips. It was very difficult decipher between soft mud and frozen mud and between water and ice. One spot early on in the run was a huge muddy icy puddle that we had to walk around as running through it looked way too treacherous. So the bottom line, I got through without incident and felt like I could have gone much further but had to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment