Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pistols Update...

This weekend would have been days 2 and 3 of my pistol training but yesterday, Saturday,  I woke up extremely sore in both my legs especially my quads and every stabilizer muscle around my knee.  I decided to give it another day or so before getting back.  Saturday, I went to my karate class but did nothing else.  Today, Sunday, I am feeling a bit worn out so I thought it would be best to rest and start the week fresh. 

I guess it just goes to show how intense single leg squats are compared to normal squats.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken,

    Just checking in with you to see how your pistol practice is coming along. The DOMS you experienced is likely because you compressed your pistols practice into multiple sets of 10-15 reps.

    If you're still getting very sore from the training, try performing submaximal sets (below 60% of max exertion) throughout the day - instead of in one workout block.

    Doing 3-5, submaximal sets over a period of several hours will benefit you more, since the pistol exercise is more of a skill than a conditioning drill. It relies more on practice than conditioning to master.

    Best,

    John

    ReplyDelete