Monday, August 2, 2010

Back On The Trails!

It has been quite awhile since I had a good trail run. Early June was the last time I did any trail running and it has been since late May that I have been in a trail race. It has been so hot here in Charlotte, NC that I had no motivation to run outside at all...but then this past weekend came along.

Saturday I did the Marine Mud Run at Belmont Abbey College with a few friends and the weather was perfect. It must have been in the low 80s and breezy which is a relief from the high 90s that we have been getting consistently for the last few weeks. Running on the trails of the Belmont Abbey campus reminded me how much I missed getting out and running so this morning I ran the trails behind my community. I didn't measure my distance but I ran for about a half-hour with my 10 pound hypervest on and it felt great. I think it might be time to look for my next trail race and keep the momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment