Friday, June 4, 2010

Worst Run Ever!

My first trail run at Renaissance in awhile and it was a disaster.  Terry and I ran a 6+ mile course and around the 2nd mile I felt completely gassed.  I just felt heavy and exhausted.  I even walked - something I never do - not once or twice - but numerous times.  It was 82 outside and extremely humid today which was a big factor but the bigger factor is that I  simply lacked motivation today.  It was my first training run since running 3 races in 12 days - Uwharrie Rumble 8K, Warrior Dash, and the Rock2Rock 10K.  I trained hard for those races and now that they are over I don't have that fire under my butt. Now that I feel humiliated at my poor performance I think I will get the fire back because finishing 5 minutes behind my running buddies does not rest well with me.


I am going to view this as my first day back to training.  I have not done any tough high intensity workouts in awhile either so now it is time to get back into the swing of things.  We have trail runs planned for Monday and Wednesday so I will have more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment