Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why Grass-Fed Meat is So Much Healthier for You

In a few of posts I have mentioned that when I eat red meat, it is almost always grassfed beef.  I ranked it at #3 in my Do's list in my 21 Do's and Don'ts For Losing Weight and keeping it off.  Here in Charlotte there are a many places where I can buy grassfed beef - Earthfare, What's Your Beef in Ballantyne, and Baucom's Best.  Those are my top three but I know there is more in the Charlotte area.

So what is so good about grassfed meat and why is it better for you than any other meats?  Plenty of reasons!  Rather than explain it here,  I found this really good article.  Try it for yourself and I think you will find grassfed meat is tastier and more tender with way less gristle and fat.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the article. Very informative. I work with La Cense Beef which is a grass fed ranch located in Montana. They are having a Grassfed Beef Holiday Sale so it’s a great time for anyone who is interested in trying grass fed beef.

    ReplyDelete