Friday, March 19, 2010

More New Workout Ideas

I stumbled upon a kettlebell study by ACE Fitness that only further validated what I love so much about kettlebells and what it does for my strength and endurance.

The study used kettlebell snatches which gave me an idea to vary my triad of death. Rather than doing the 2 handed kettlebell swing with my 24kg kettlebell. I think I may on occasion convert the triad of death to the Quadrangle of Death by substituting kettlebell snatches - one interval for the right arm and one interval for the left arm with the 20kg. This should be just as brutal as the triad. We'll soon see!

I also want to try the workout that was done in the study which uses 15 second intervals versus the usual 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off of the tabata. The entire workout is nothing but snatches for twenty minutes - 15 seconds of snatches followed by 15 seconds of rest and so on until 20 minutes. Another fine task for my trusty gymboss interval timer!


Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

No comments:

Post a Comment